Car workshops that offer the service Brake master cylinder remanufacturing
Searching for a trusted car workshop that offers the service Brake master cylinder remanufacturing? Browse prices, reviews & promotions of our 6 recommended car workshops. Find the best workshop for the service Brake master cylinder remanufacturing!
Proper operation of the master cylinder ensures your safety. The master cylinder is an integral part of the main braking system. The cylinder pressurizes the brake fluid supplied into the brake callipers and cylinders by means of brake hoses. Faulty operation of the master cylinder affects the entire system. Master cylinders tend to leak. If this is the case, you have to replace a leaking cylinder with a new one or have it reconditioned. In most modern cars, however, the cylinders cannot be reconditioned and require replacing. Find out more about the service
- Brake master cylinder remanufacturingfrom480,00 RON
Brake master cylinder remanufacturing
- A leaking master cylinder affects the operation of the braking system and may disable it altogether
- After having the master cylinder replaced with a new one or reconditioned make sure to bleed the braking system
Scope of services
- Removing the hoses connected to the master cylinder
- Removing the master cylinder
- Disassembling the master cylinder and removing the worn parts from it
- Fitting in new parts (e.g. gaskets, rings and cylinders)
- Fitting the cylinder and the hoses back in place
- Refilling the system with fresh braking fluid
- Bleeding the system
Where is the master cylinder located?
The master cylinder is connected to the brake pedal. Its role is to properly pressurize the brake fluid, which is transferred through brake hoses into brake callipers and cylinders, in order to decelerate all car wheels. The cylinder is equipped with a reservoir containing brake fluid, from which it is delivered to the cylinder, and into which its excess is transferred. The cylinder consists of a housing, acting as a cylinder, and a piston with seals.
Why does the master cylinder wear?
The piston moving repeatedly inside the cylinder causes gradual wear of the seals, and, consequently, causes the fluid to leak in between the pump's sections and outside the braking system. Leaking fluid reduces the efficiency of brakes and affects the elements located near the cylinder, as it causes damage to the varnished surfaces and penetrates the power brake servomechanism, causing brittleness and cracking of the rubber membrane.
How is the master cylinder replaced?
If your master cylinder needs changing, you should have it done by a professional garage, as the procedure requires putting new fluid into the braking system and removing air from it. Replacing the cylinder boils down to unscrewing the hoses connected to it and the bolts by means of which it is attached to the servomechanism. A new cylinder is fitted in the reverse order.
What to keep in mind?
After removing air from the system, a test drive should be performed to check the operation of the brakes. Some master cylinder types require replacement of only piston seals, however, if the cylinder's housing is worn, the new seals will quickly disintegrate, causing another failure. The best idea, though, is to replace the entire cylinder to make sure that it is 100 per cent operational, as it is responsible for your safety.
What is the average cost of providing Brake master cylinder remanufacturing in car workshops?
What is the scope of the service Brake master cylinder remanufacturing?
- Demontarea conductelor care vin la pompa
- Demontarea pompei, inspectarea pieselor
- Montarea pieselor noi (inclusiv garnituri, inele, cilindri)
- Montarea pompei si a conductelor
- Completarea sistemului cu lichid de frana nou
- Aerisirea sistemului de franare
What should I know, and what are the recommendations for Brake master cylinder remanufacturing?
- Scurgerile din pompa indica functionarea defectuoasa a acesteia
- Dupa finalizarea procesului de inlocuire sau reconditionare a pompei, este necesara aerisirea sistemului.
What car workshop networks offer Brake master cylinder remanufacturing?
Are there car workshops that offer the possibility of online booking for the service Brake master cylinder remanufacturing?
Workshops from other popular locations
Pick one of the popular locations to see more car workshops and mechanics from that area and find the best car workshop for your vehicle.
Frequently searched locations
Workshops that support some of the popular car brands
If you are looking for a car workshop or mechanic that can support a specific car brand, pick that brand from the list below and find the best car workshop for your vehicle.
- Alfa Romeo
- Aston Martin
- Land Rover